28.12.05

public menace on four wheels

so i have been doing a bit of time behind the wheels. dad and i are getting up at 5am every morning and on the road by 5:30. his rationale is to avoid the heat (it really starts getting warm after 8am). mine's to avoid traffic. so there's been a lot of changing lanes. highways. and parking. too much parking, if you ask me. i like to think i'm getting better.

the plan is to get my p plates (thanks to lou i already have a set ready to go, as well as a brand new melways =p ) by april, then drive dads car down to melbourne during my holidays. he's looking for an excuse to offload his toyata so he can justify getting the new chrysler 300. anyone interested in coming on a 2000+ km road trip?

itching to do something. all the reading and driving is nice... but

oh be still, my heart.

*sigh*

2 comments:

chilli said...

i'm sorry but
WHAT?

lookingfortrouble said...

Parents and cars.. A dangerous mix. 5am in the morning? You both are quite mad, aren't you? I'd be worried, if I were a neighbour, having people getting up at such odd hours of morning and sneakily driving their car around..