21.8.05

scatterbrain!

i'm sick again. succumbed to the daily assault by tens of colds/flu carriers. it snuck on me like a flash: woke up fine on wednesday; by the time i got into the gp's i had a killer sore throat; and wiped out by mid-afternoon; took thursday off to sleep and cook (yay!); dazed and confused at the release session on friday; and now the weekend, the dull head remains, my body filled with drugs, and i'm useless to the world. the clutter of things-to-do that crowd the edge of my consciousness fail to order themselves into a prioirty list, so i let them lie, mildly anxiety-provoking though it is, and put on some nick cave.

the most significant thing that has happened in the last seven days is lou deciding to go back to brisbane next year for her internship. whose house am i going to turn up at now, when i have no food at home? who am i going to sit with for hours, talking about nothing and everything? who am i going to watch the footy with, lamenting or cheering for "our boys", the bbffc? it has made me think more about being in ballarat next year, as well, with most of my friends decidedly far away. i will have to meet new people, make annoying small talk, tread softly around their egos, instead of just being...

and and and the bb finale. what a shame!

1 comment:

Lou said...

Thank you Chi, for considering this even partially significant! *blush*
I will miss you dearly: our study sessions, cooking and baking sessions, footy games and most of all the chatter about life. Please come and visit your folks (and me!) often in Brissie. We can make a habit of having a long coffee at Southbank.
Slowly but surely you will find your niche at the Rat. As we all will. I look forward to hearing about your adventures with Duetcher and the like.
I wonder if I can wear thongs at RBH...