27.8.05

friday i'm in love

you can never get enough
enough of this stuff
- the cure

congratulations to xiu for going to townsville - yay for staying in australia! we'll all have to come to your housewarming *grin* speaking of housewarmings, i hereby call on all cushion-displacing, bag-tossing, chair-manoeuvring mavericks with a preference for city views to rock up at minnie's apartment unexpectedly. so what's your address minnie?

yesterday was a good day. i want to remember it forever. paul gave me a lift into town (thanks champ), and i spent the morning with my favourite gp, dr henty. she is like a super-cool mum to everyone, and sitting in on her adolescent interviews fill me with warm-fuzziness. i want her to be my gp! lunch was heavenly toasted turkey avocado cheese cucumber foccacia. for the afternoon session i hung around with dr bongiorno, my gp supervisor, who is also way cool (sorry to hear about jack going to doggy heaven). then i got a ride back to melbourne with catherine and her littlest sister pip. we had maccas for tea (cheeseburgers are soooo good...), drank some wine at her flat, before rushing to union house theatre to catch medleys. it was pretty decent - the second half was especially fantastic (c-h-a, i-r m, a-n m-a-o!). we adjorned to pa's for a couple of brews before trudging home past midnight, a warm pie in hand and a hot little packet of fresh smokes in my pocket.

whoever is upstairs. thanks mate!

1 comment:

lookingfortrouble said...

Thanks, dude.. It'll be hot hot hot, but at least I'll get to be just a phonecall away. And youse are all most welcome to come for the housewarming, and to come for holidays, and entertain me..
Yes, we should all go invade Min's house. I hear the views are fabulous.