28.5.05

no woman no cry

louise, my midwife for the soul, helped me come to this conclusion last night: finding myself a girlfriend is not really a priority for me right now. having never had someone i can truly call a girlfriend, someone whose irritating habits i not only tolerate, but treasure; and having never been in love, as far as i know, i suppose i have no idea whether or not it'd be something i want. i'd much rather sit around with my mates playing cards, talking shit and drinking beer, than making myself go out and meet new people. true, observing those of my friends who are in relationships or are looking to be in relationships, i can see the inevitable trend of groups splitting into couples towards our thirties; true, sometimes i wonder if it might be worth all the trouble, in order to hold loneliness at bay; and true, sometimes i have even been tempted by someone.

perhaps i am still too immature; maybe it is because i am afraid; perhaps i am simply looking for excuses; or maybe i can't be bothered because it is in my nature to be lazy. whatever it may be, there are other things on my mind right now that interest/bother me more.

2 comments:

Lou said...

midwife? hehe...
Like I said Chi, I think things happen at the right time and for the right reasons. You will find your reasons in time. *grin*
(I'm so full of it!)

Anonymous said...

fgtchops