8.5.05

mother's day

had a long chat with mum today on the phone. we talked about a lot of things such as whether it's good or not to be religious; where i want to go with my medical career; if i should be reading so many books on philosophy; why i always seem to get really bad colds; people in my beloved group a; how the takeaway shop is going; my little brother; my dad. i love talking to mum for hours and hours, even though it doesn't happen very often (mostly my fault), and i know she always looks forward to my calls (and misses me a lot) because she doesn't really 'chat' with my dad or my brother. i really should talk to my mum more often!

right now i've got a terrible cold and it's really annoying as the day outside is clear and sunny and i should be going for a walk and be content and be enthusiastic about doing another shift at the emergency department this afternoon with catherine. but instead i'm miserable with a sniffly nose and constant fruity coughing, wondering if i really should be going into the hospital spreading my virus around already sick people - i guess i shouldn't. *sigh*

last night min was on msn and she appeared to be rather stressed about the whole internship application process. of course, i started looking around the web for information myself and naturally became slightly stressed myself. thanks minnie! :-p there's like a hundred things i have to do before the month is up: CV, applications, contacting referees, going to the career expo and hospital information evenings... etc etc. luckily i've pretty much decided where i want to go: rmh, austin, western, ballarat - sticking mostly with what i know. hopefully i'll get a job at one of those four places, trying hard to resist the fear that i might not and applying to more hospitals that i don't really know anything about nor do i want to find out. i lasted until about 11pm, my head heavy with viral goodness, passing out somewhere between my computer and my pillow...

No comments: