15.11.09

brain drain

i haven't listened to music for ages. i used to, every day, on the way to and from work. my little ipod shuffle blasting at my half-deaf ears. these days i shuffle along (and sometimes, catch the tram, filled with guilt) still trying to wake up or slowly sinking back into a daze. i tell myself it's so i can pay more attention to my surroundings, see and hear what is going on in the world around me. but that's a lie - i am oblivious to it all. work. sleep. work sleep...

nor do i read or write any more. it's such a battle trying to describe a feeling, or recall a moment. its as if im banging my head repeatedly against a wall. my brain is lead; thoughts stifled just as they are born; instead of ideas and emotions bursting to express themselves, there is only emptiness behind my eyes. oh how far have i fallen since... i don't remember...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's work that's doing it. That nasty little thing. You need some holiday to find yourself again. - Minnie

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I bet that big holiday you had with Galaxy made you feel alive. You need to aim for something I figure. Maybe start planning a trip to Sth America :)
Or join a club like dunno's just done.

work is shite.
M

Anonymous said...

You need your music back. Who says you can't have music and the world around? I think music enhances it all. And I'm still trying to remember how to dream too...
-Xiu

chilli said...

xiu: there is music, and then there is sappy, annoying NOISE. darren hayes, im afraid, constitutes noise. hehehe! love chi

Anonymous said...

Don't make me come over there and smack you...
-Xiu