2.12.05

thank god we didn't go to st v's

grad dinner last night at the windsor hotel: it was our last rmh function. there is just graduation to go tomorrow, then we will finally be cut loose from the university, and officially no longer be students. with each event this message is slowly getting through to me. we are finished. we are doctors. it's an unsettling, exhilirating feeling.

the dinner itself was a very intimate affair, as much as a gathering of a hundred-odd people can be. the grand ballroom was a very classy, beautiful setting. the food was fantastic, the service efficient. all the speeches and geoff's trombone playing were wonderfully entertaining and lighthearted. but the highlight of the evening for me was when the band (of doctors) played the cure. OMFG. maybe, just maybe, it was worth missing oasis for this. *sigh*

thank you group a for putting in such a good show last night. we all made it to the after party and partied until the wee hours of the morning. thank you catherine for being my buddy for the last two and half years, i know i can be infuriating at times, thank you for you patience. thank you xiu for trying to cheer me up, despite me trying my hardest to resist, good luck up north next year. thank you xiang for adopting me, you are the bestest sister in the world! thank you minnie for sharing the melancholy and understanding the futility of it all. thank you baz for imparting some coolness and the good times in the western districts. and finally, thank you lou, my fellow brisbanite, for looking after me in food and in spirit, for caring and listening. you guys have been my family in melbourne - i love you all very very much...

No comments: