16.7.05

the interpretation of dreams

i've started dreaming again.

or perhaps i've always dreamt, but only recently started remembering. my memory of past dreams seems to contain the particularly disturbing ones. the others are soon forgotten with the lifting of the fog with awakening. i've killed twice: once i bashed someone's head in, then tried to ice their body; the other time i sneaked up on them and broke their neck. i have no recollection of their faces. i've been on the run, running out of time, trapped. i've dreamt of entire stories, intense glimpses of strangers, lasting days and weeks, and woke up in a frenzy to capture them in words before they fade. these people seem real to me, although i have only words to remember them by.

but mostly, i remember dreams i have about people i already know (those of you reading this, beware! =p). in my dreams they do strange things: some are obviously things i wish they'd do when i'm awake; others are too bizarre for me to understand. but clearly they are all reflections of the nuances of my unconscious. maybe i should try to record my dreams - they may help me understand myself more.

interesting reads for those of you on holidays or procrastinating.

3 comments:

lookingfortrouble said...

I don't suppose you're going to tell us which of us you've killed or maimed.

I doubt all those books about dream interpretation carry much truth within them though, given that things have different meanings to each of us, and therefore to generalise the significance of things is just..something that can't be done. Maybe you're more stressed than you realise. Or deep down you really hate some of us.

chilli said...

the people i killed didn't have faces, xiu - or at least i don't remember them. they aren't anyone i know, as far as i can remember. all i remember is the shock at how easy it was, and how remorseless i felt.

food for though, eh!

Gal said...

maybe you savagely ripped off their faces first, you bloodthirsty psychopath.

I wonder how many times i've been killed?