28.11.04

contentment - what a novel concept

its the day before the exams and i'm feeling pretty content, actually. strangely i'm not overwhelmed with anxiety, but i know this will come around 10pm, and i had a terrible sleep last night. i'm listening to the beatles at the moment, something very unusual for me, as their happy-sad tunes usually irritate me. lou came over to study with me yesterday, and it was really nice, and we got quite a bit done, and had a good chat over lunch. we have spent quite a bit of time together in the last few weeks, studying and talking. i guess we must not irritate each other too much, which is more than i can say about most people in this world. what a miserly hermit i am. the day before lubie and baz also came over for a swim and osce practice. that was pretty relaxing as well. my whole weekend has been an interlude from the hectic week beforehand, what with the tb clinic and all that, and sorting out my electives. the only thing that really worry me is the electives itself, traveling on my own, and wondering if i'll be able to cope with my limited mandarin. i suppose it's the same as before i came down to melbourne and when i first started out at the mac. new experiences scare me shitless, it always has. i suppose when i'm 30 i'll be afraid to go out the door. *sigh*

No comments: